Agile PM® Foundation and Practitioner
Duration: 4 days
This accredited course is designed for Project Managers, who require an understanding of the agile approach and/or who are intending to run projects using the DSDM® framework.
It is also designed to equip practising Project Managers with the confidence to sit the AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications, and each delegate will receive a copy of the Agile Project Management V2 Handbook, published by the Agile Business Consortium, formally known as the DSDM Consortium.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a detailed, practical knowledge of Agile Project Management, based upon the DSDM framework and be equipped with the ability to apply the agile approach in the workplace
- Describe how the agile way of working can sit alongside more traditional project management frameworks, such as PRINCE2®
Plan, organise and control Agile projects
- Sit the AgilePM Foundation examination, held on the third day and for the Practitioner examination, held on the afternoon of the fourth day
- What is Agile?
- Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Roles and Responsibilities and the Project Manager view
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Looking at the DSDM Process and Project Management through the Lifecycle, as well as the DSDM Products and their Effective Use
- Delivering on Time – combining MoSCoW Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Requirements and User Stories
Foundation Examination and results
Practitioner Workshop and Examination
AgilePM® Foundation Exam
The AgilePM® Foundation Exam is of 40 minutes duration and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. A Pass is 25 correct answers. The exams are marked by the trainer immediately following the exam and the results are available within an hour.
The AgilePM® Practitioner Exam
A written paper of 2.5 hours duration. There are 8 Objective Test style questions to be answered in the 2.5 hours and the candidate may use an annotated manual. Each question is worth 10 marks and the candidate must score 40/80 to be successful.
Please note that examinations are the responsibility of the examination board, APMG.
Presented in association with aims4change, an APMG Accredited Training Organisation.
AgilePM®is a Registered Trade Mark of the Agile Business Consortium Limited in the United Kingdom and other countries.