Managing Successful Programmes® Foundation and Practitioner
Duration: 5 days
Our MSP® Foundation and Practitioner course is designed to teach the basic principles of good programme management in line with the Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow described in the MSP® approach. It also prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, held as part of the course.
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand programme management and the practical application of MSP® and to gain the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications. Delegates should have an understanding of and preferably experience in the issues surrounding business change. Delegates must pass the Foundation exam on day 3 in order to progress to the Practitioner exam on day 5.
The MSP® Foundation Course is based upon the “Managing Successful Programmes – 2011 edition” which describes “best practice” guidance for handling all types of transformational change programmes.
These are intensive modules and require delegates to undertake some evening work in their own time.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the differences between programmes and projects
- Describe the Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow as described in the MSP® – 2011 Edition Practice the application of MSP®
- Prepare for and take both the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner Exam
- Introduction – what is, and why use, Programme Management and the seven Principles and MSP®
- Overview – introduction to the nine core elements
- Organization – roles, accountabilities, responsibilities
- Vision – characteristic, developing, maintaining
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement – roles, communication and steps involved
- Benefits Management – identifying, planning, delivering and reviewing
- Blueprint design and delivery – the target operating model
- Planning and control – resourcing, prioritising and tracking
- The Business Case – genesis, contents, reviewing, managing
- Risk and Issue Management – throughout the programme
- Quality and Assurance Management – critical success factors, assurance techniques
- Overview – the six processes
- Identifying a Programme – cautious commitment
- Defining a Programme – setting-up the programme
- Managing the Tranches – governing the programme
- Delivering the Capability – managing project delivery
- Realising the Benefits – managing the benefits
- Closing a Programme – final assessment and release resources
Foundation Examination and results
Practitioner Workshop and Examination
The MSP® Foundation Exam
A 1 hour duration and consists of 75 multiple choice questions. A Pass is 35 correct answers. The exams are marked by the trainer immediately following the exam and the results are available within an hour.
The MSP® Practitioner Exam
A written paper of 2.5 hours duration. There are 8 Objective Test style questions to be answered in the 2.5 hours and the candidate may use an annotated manual. Each question is worth 10 marks and the candidate must score 40/80 to be successful.
Please note that examinations are the responsibility of the examination board, PEOPLECERT
Presented in association with aims4change, a PEOPLECERT Accredited Training Organisation.
MPS® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.