Train the Trainer
Duration: 2 days
This Train the Trainer workshop will enable you to gain valuable insights and practice helping you to feel more comfortable and confident delivering
training sessions. We will look at some training best practice tools and techniques to ensure you can deliver the learning outcomes required.
The workshop covers the training cycle but focuses heavily on interactive and practical training techniques to bring learning to life for participants. There will be opportunities to practice delivery of real work-based training and receive feedback on delivery style.
Participants are required to prepare a 15 minute training session. This can be something you have delivered before or something you’ve created for the course. Please prepare and include any visual aids you would usually use when speaking and bring them with you.
If possible, please also bring your smart phone (with camera, and memory capacity for a short video clip to be added), and headphones.
By the end of the course you will be able to be:
- Explain Kolb’s model of how adults learn
- Describe the 4 key learning styles and how to engage people with different learning styles
- Apply the training cycle to plan, design, deliver and evaluate your training
- Write SMART training objectives
- Use and select a variety of methods to make your training interactive, engaging and effective
- Describe ways to deal with difficult participants or situations that may arise
- Apply your training skills to deliver structured training sessions with more competence and confidence
- Assessing needs
- Planning and preparing
- Implementing training
- Understanding the task
- Assessing the learner’s current ability
- Identifying the gap
- Having clear outcomes in mind
- What people learn:
- How people learn: preferences and learning styles and methods suitable for each
- Planning a programme
- Planning a session – a systematic approach
- Assessing risk
- Writing and using SOPs in training
- Explanation and Demonstration
- Questioning and Listening
- Observation and Feedback
- Facilitation and Debriefing skills
- Using questioning, listening and feedback to help learners solve problems and develop confidence
- How to measure reactions and participant satisfaction
- Use of tests and assessments to measure learning
- Organisational measures of learning transfer
You will have the opportunity to deliver two training sessions on this programme and gain valuable feedback to support you in your ongoing training delivery.