Visio – Flowcharts and Diagrams
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft Visio is a powerful tool designed to simplify complex information through the creation of simple, professional-looking diagrams.
While Visio is capable of producing almost any type of drawing this training concentrates on flowcharts, swim lane process diagrams and organisation charts. You will also discover the real power of Visio by adding essential data to the content of your diagrams and producing reports in Excel using this data.
This course is designed for either new users of Visio or those who have dabbled and can create basic diagrams. Our course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to navigate your way around this powerful program and produce different types of diagram.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create and amend flowcharts
- Create cross functional (Swim Lane) process flows
- Produce organisation charts by importing data
- Add essential data to shapes
- Export diagram data reports to Excel
- Present, publish and print Visio diagrams
- Finding your way around Visio
- Using the ribbon and Quick Access toolbar
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Shapes and stencils explained
- What Visio can do for you
- Working with shapes
- Adding and deleting shapes
- Joining, aligning and sizing shapes
- Using Auto-Connect
- Labelling shapes and connectors
- Amending shape and connector labels
- Using colours to emphasise
- Changing line styles
- Moving and copying objects
- Grouping diagram elements
- Quick ways of working
- Creating Cross-Functional Flowcharts
- Manipulating functional bands
- Creating off-page references within diagrams and hyperlinks to other documentation
- Using the wizard to create an organisation Chart
- Importing existing Data into to create an organisation chart
- Modifying an organisation chart
- Shape Data
- Adding shape data to a shape
- Creating shape data sets
- Exporting data to a report in Excel
- Exporting to HTML
- Creating and customizing reports
- Using Page Setup
- Print previewing
- Embedding backgrounds
- Adding headers and footers
- Converting your final documentation to PDF
- Saving as HTML
- Visio with PowerPoint
I thought the trainer was very knowledgeable and had a good rapport with the group. Very enjoyable course in my opinion. I enjoyed it and learnt a lot.
The course and trainer were excellent. I would recommend this course to others, the course was very informative and has equipped me with skills that I will now use.
The course was very informative and gives a more in-depth level of understanding, making it a lot quicker and easier to get the job done. The session was evenly spaced out, but giving more time on certain areas where necessary.
The trainer was excellent, very up beat, clear and concise. Has given me a basic understanding of Visio and hopefully the confidence to “Give it a go”.
The course showcased the ease and efficiency of using Visio. Venue was lovely